Joel M. Rein, MD ~ Credentials
CREDENTIALS, EDUCATION & BACKGROUND
- Born, raised & educated within the New York City complex of institutions:
- Bronx H.S. of Science
- Columbia College A.B.
- Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons M.D.
- Surgical Intern @ Columbia Presbyterian Hospital N.Y.
- Surgical Resident @ Columbia Presbyterian Hospital N.Y.
- Naval Medical Officer, LT. U.S. NAVY. Served as Medical Officer in Vietnam with 2nd Btn., 7th Marines as
- Battalion Surgeon- Medical Officer
- Plastic Surgical Resident @ Columbia Presbyterian Hospital N.Y.
- Hand Surgery Fellowship @ Roosevelt Hospital N.Y.
- Began my private practice of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery @ Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich, Ct.
- Attending Surgeon, Stamford Hospital. My practice gratefully grew to allow my concentrating in Greenwich up to the present.
CERTIFICATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS & APPOINTMENTS
- Dual boarded: American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Associate Attending Surgeon Greenwich Hospital
- Attending Surgeon Stamford Hospital
- Attending Surgeon Greenwich Hospital
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- New England Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
- Connecticut Society of Plastic Surgery, founding member and past President
- North American Lipoplasty Society
- American College of Surgeons
- Fairfield County Medical Society
- Greenwich Medical Society
- Webster Society of Plastic Surgery, Columbia University
- Chief of Plastic Surgery Section @ Greenwich Hospital
- Developed the Cosmetic Surgery Unit within Greenwich Hospital